Call for Posters and Work In Progress - MobiCASE 2015
The International Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services (MobiCASE) is a premier scientific forum that brings together academic researchers and industrial professionals to advance research in the area of Mobile Computing, Applications, and Services.
The MobiCASE 2015 Posters, Work In Progress and Demo Track showcases work in progress and research in a more informal setting. Similar to the main MobiCASE 2015 conference, the Posters and Demos Track aims to be a forum for practitioners and researchers from diverse backgrounds to interact and exchange preliminary results about the design and implementation of mobile and ubiquitous systems. The areas addressed by the Posters and Demos Track are the same as the main conference, including Mobile Computing, Applications and Services.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
· Mobile Advertising, Local Search and the recommendation of goods/services
· Energy Efficiency -- generalizable approaches for coping with battery limits
· Mobile Payments -- NFC-based services and other emerging technologies
· User Interfaces and Interaction Technologies for Mobiles -- voice, eyes, gestures and more
· Mobile Sensing -- including specific domains such as, mHealth, in addition to core techniques
· Wearable platforms and Smartphones -- such as, prototype hardware (sensing modalities etc.)
· Collaborative/Multi-Device Sensing -- novel applications, platforms, and core technologies
· Participatory and Opportunistic Sensing -- applications, platforms, theories
· Mobile development tools and testing methodologies -- including also malware identification
· App Distribution Channels and Stores -- taking the next steps in the evolution of app stores
· Location-based Social Networks and Media -- considering both studies of existing systems (e.g., WeChat) or new novel systems
· Mobile Cloud Computing and Mobile Web support -- such as personal clouds, and proposed new standards
· Computational Privacy -- protection against privacy violations and identifying new types of attacks for mobile sensing
· Mobile Security – innovative novel security solutions for mobile devices
· Mobile Cloud Computing and Big Data – platforms, technologies, novel applications, and core algorithms for mobile big data and cloud
· Mobile crowdsourcing -- platforms, novel applications, incentive mechanisms
To join the Posters and Demos Track, prospective authors are invited to submit a 2-3 pages abstract using LNICST format: LNICST style and template via EAI 'Confy' system at confy. Poster paper submissions must describe the research problem, contribution, and preliminary results. Demo paper submissions must describe the contribution to the state-of-the art, practical setup for the live demo, and technical requirements of the demo. Poster and demo papers will be peer-reviewed and will be selected on the basis of technical merit, novelty, and relevance to the mobile computing community. Accepted papers will be included in the MobiCASE proceedings, and authors will present their associated poster or live demo in an interactive session at the conference.
Authors of full papers accepted to the main conference track are encouraged to take advantage of the poster and demo session as an opportunity to foster further discussion and exposure for their work. Poster and demo paper submissions associated with an accepted full paper will undergo a fast-track peer review.
· Poster Papers Submission Deadline: October 23, 2015
· Acceptance Notification: October 28, 2015
· Camera-Ready Version: October 31, 2015
MobiCASE Poster and Demos Chair
Mayutan Arumaithurai, University of Goettingen, firstname.lastname@example.org